Obituary Space is available for obituaries of residents and former residents.
• An “In Memoriam” column is available free of charge. Limited to name, mutual number and date of death.
• An obituary with or without photo is available free of charge for the first 250 words. Additional words will be charged at the rate of 20¢ per word. Notices written by the news staff will be free and no more than 250 words.
• Notices from mortuaries and non-GRF members will be printed exactly as submitted and charged at the non-member classified advertising rate, $10.45 for the first 12 words and 20¢ for each additional word.
• Bordered, decorative obituaries and eulogies are available in any size at the prevailing display advertising rate.
• Obituaries may be published as news articles when the person has been a member of the Golden Rain Foundation Board of Directors, or when, in the opinion of the managing editor, the passing of a person is newsworthy to a sufficiently large number of GRF members.
• A “Card of Thanks” section is available in the classified section of the News at the member classified advertising rate, $6.60 for the first 12 words and 20¢ per word thereafter, for persons wanting to express their thanks for help during bereavement, sickness, etc.
Marjorie Brice, a 38-year resident of Mutual 6, passed away on Aug. 10, 2014, at the age of 95.
Marge was born Oct. 7, 1918, in Massachusetts.
A graduate of Long Beach State University, she taught Spanish for 20 years and was a substitute until age 85.
Her life was devoted to her faith, family, and friends. She loved bridge, golf, dancing and travel.
She had a great sense of humor and made family members laugh even during the toughest of times. She will be greatly missed by her family and friends.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Aug. 19 at Holy Family Catholic Church in Leisure World. A reception will follow in Clubhouse 2.
Lori Ann Clendening 48
Tracy Morgan 49
Clara Enright 90
Margaret Day 80
Velma Wyett 98
Marian Gima 94
Arthur Watkins 90
Steven Zergman 54
Paul Ross 67
Bung Still 65
Lenny Winans 69
Ethel Batts 69
Gladys Dyson 90
Soth Em 55
Harold Lutz 63
Karla Edwards 55
Families assisted by