OBITUARIES JULY 24, 2014 Space is available for obituaries of residents and former residents.
• An “In Memoriam” column is available free of charge. Limited to name, mutual number and date of death.
• An obituary with or without photo is available free of charge for the first 250 words. Additional words will be charged at the rate of 20¢ per word. Notices written by the news staff will be free and no more than 250 words.
• Notices from mortuaries and non-GRF members will be printed exactly as submitted and charged at the non-member classified advertising rate, $10.45 for the first 12 words and 20¢ for each additional word.
• Bordered, decorative obituaries and eulogies are available in any size at the prevailing display advertising rate.
• Obituaries may be published as news articles when the person has been a member of the Golden Rain Foundation Board of Directors, or when, in the opinion of the managing editor, the passing of a person is newsworthy to a sufficiently large number of GRF members.
• A “Card of Thanks” section is available in the classified section of the News at the member classified advertising rate, $6.60 for the first 12 words and 20¢ per word thereafter, for persons wanting to express their thanks for help during bereavement, sickness, etc.
A memorial service for Irene Forror, Mutual 2, will be held July 27 at 11 a.m. in Clubhouse 4.
Irene Elizabeth Samaria Quesinberry Forror died July 6, 2014.
Kline, Riley “Ken”
Riley “Ken” Kline, 92, of Mutual 11 died July 18, 2014. He moved to Leisure World in January 2009 from Ridgecrest, Calif.
He was born Aug. 31, 1921 to Harry Kline and Margaret Brobst.
He worked as a machinist, tool and dye maker and a landlord.
In Leisure World, he founded the Barbershop Chorus, sang with the LW Chorale, and was a member of the Barbershop Harmony Society.
Survivors include Randall K. Kline, Jim and Marlene Kline, Lana and Richard Smith, fiance Ester Fontanilla, Jason and Sonia, and Kaia Kline, and Talia and Pierro DiManno.
Services, directed by Pastor Gene Cherryholmes, will be held July 26 at 3 p.m. at First Christian Chapel on Northwood Road behind Carport125. A Celebration of Life will be held after the service at Clubhouse 3, Room 9, at 4 p.m.
Alma Petzold of Mutual 1 died July 16, 2014. She was born in Berlin, Germany, on Dec. 16, 1929.
She lived in Venezuela before coming to the U.S. about 40 years ago. She moved to Leisure World in the 1990s. She was a beloved wife and mother.
She loved monthly get-togethers with The Divas and bowling.
She is survived by two children Henry (Ingid) Petzold and Livia Petzold, one granddaughter Brit and special friend Daniel McFarlin.
A memorial service and reception will be held at 2:30 p.m., July 30, in Clubhouse 3, Room 9.
Eddie Necaise 80
Duane Woolpert 66
Neville Cooper 59
Vernell Hall 68
Marie Luciano 83
Jewel Smith 72
William Cousin 94
Margaret Nakagawa 78
Francisco Silva 25
Laura Magana 37
Families assisted by