Space is available for obituaries of residents and former residents.
• An “In Memoriam” column is available free of charge. Limited to name, mutual number and date of death.
• An obituary with or without photo is available free of charge for the first 250 words. Additional words will be charged at the rate of 20¢ per word. Notices written by the news staff will be free and no more than 250 words.
• Notices from mortuaries and non-GRF members will be printed exactly as submitted and charged at the non-member classified advertising rate, $10.45 for the first 12 words and 20¢ for each additional word.
• Bordered, decorative obituaries and eulogies are available in any size at the prevailing display advertising rate.
• Obituaries may be published as news articles when the person has been a member of the Golden Rain Foundation Board of Directors, or when, in the opinion of the managing editor, the passing of a person is newsworthy to a sufficiently large number of GRF members.
• A “Card of Thanks” section is available in the classified section of the News at the member classified advertising rate, $6.60 for the first 12 words and 20cents per word thereafter, for persons wanting to express their thanks for help during bereavement, sickness, etc.
Shook, Lucille “Lu”
Lucille “Lu” Beatrice Martinez Shook,88, resident of Leisure World, Seal Beach, died May 22, 2014, of cardiac arrest.
Services will be held today, May 29, at Holy Family Church in Leisure World.
Lu was born Jan. 5, 1926, in Los Angeles, Calif., to Thomas and Ruth Martinez. She joined an older sister Pauline, and later was an older sister to Teresa “Terry” Apodaca, Thomas and John Martinez.
Her spouse, of 42 great years, is Bill Shook.
They traveled in the USA and abroad, camping, cruising, taking their RV cross-country and visited most states. She loved Laughlin and Las Vegas, Nev., and video poker.
She had three children, John Timothy Dodson, (deceased), Christina Dodson Fusilier and Michael Dodson both of Texas; grandchildren, Heather Dodson, and Jeff Pugh; and great-grandchildren, Alexandria and Sean Pugh. Her beloved step-children include Ken Shook, Atlanta Ga.; Michelle Grubbs, Pittsburgh, Calif.; Karen Shook, Arizona and Randy Shook, Visalia, Calif.
They have lost a beautiful wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend. All who knew her, were truly blessed.
Bernard Kochan 75
Danny Justis 45
Marylou Corbin 87
Charles Williams 88
Carl Celucci 64
Harold Brees 78
Barbara Trevorrow 67
Angela Sarduy 55
Renato Sahilan 54
Delores McCraven 85
Jeanne Shuford 73
Charles A. Pidgeon 60
Donnie Brown 61
Althemus Gardette 77
Nancy Grant 67
Mark Griess 65
Families assisted by
May 20, 2014