Space is available for obituaries of residents and former residents.
• An “In Memoriam” column is available free of charge. Limited to name, mutual number and date of death.
• An obituary with or without photo is available free of charge for the first 250 words. Additional words will be charged at the rate of 20¢ per word. Notices written by the news staff will be free and no more than 250 words.
• Notices from mortuaries and non-GRF members will be printed exactly as submitted and charged at the non-member classified advertising rate, $10.45 for the first 12 words and 20¢ for each additional word.
• Bordered, decorative obituaries and eulogies are available in any size at the prevailing display advertising rate.
• Obituaries may be published as news articles when the person has been a member of the Golden Rain Foundation Board of Directors, or when, in the opinion of the managing editor, the passing of a person is newsworthy to a sufficiently large number of GRF members.
• A “Card of Thanks” section is available in the classified section of the News at the member classified advertising rate, $6.60 for the first 12 words and 20¢ per word thereafter, for persons wanting to express their thanks for help during bereavement, sickness, etc.
1919 - 2013
Keiji “Kay” Futamase, 94, former resident of Mutual 14, passed away on Nov. 24, 2013.
Kay was born May 5, 1919, in Monterey, Calif.
He served in the U.S. Army for 20 years. During WWII, he served in the Pacific Theater in intelligence.
He married his wife, Mary, on Aug. 15, 1946, in Salinas, Calif.
After his tenure in the Army, he worked as an accountant for the City of Los Angeles.
He and Mary moved to Leisure World in 1987, from Monterey Park, Calif.
Kay was a very active, behind-the-scenes member of the American Legion Post 327 and member of the Nikkei Club.
Mary and Kay moved to Carmel Village retirement home two years ago.
Kay is survived by his wife, Mary; daughter, June; and many nieces and nephews.
American Legion Post 327 will host a memorial service in Leisure World on Jan. 25 at 2 p.m. in Clubhouse 4.
Interment is at Arlington National Cemetery in Riverside. •••
March 6, 1929 -
Nov. 28, 2013
Betty Minor, Mutual 11, passed away peacefully at home on Nov. 28, 2013. She was 84 years young.
Betty is survived by her husband of 59 years, Frank Minor; her son, Paul and Mary Minor; her daughter, Nancy and Dan Roddy; and her four grandchildren, Kyle Roddy, Jessica Roddy, Kristin Roddy and Richard Minor
Betty was a devoted and loving wife, mother and friend who will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
A memorial service will be held at First Christian Church in Leisure World at 11:30 a.m. immediately following the worship service on Sunday, Dec. 15.
Bernardina Herrera 78
Juvenal Martinez 31
Laird Leon 52
Timothy Greenfield 43
Steven Merriman 45
Travis Chavis 69
John McCoy 59
Darrell Hulbert 62
Julia Ann Belotsky 80
Loreto Cruz 26
Grace Luland 93
Richard Vanderhoof 88
George Lopez 45
Mary Fitzhugh 90
Antonio Mendez 57
Hazel Coleman 91
Families assisted by