Obituaries In Memoriam LW Emergency Meals leader dies Jean Dolin the Leisure World Emergency Meals president for many years has died. She was a volunteer for Emergency Meals for many years before assuming the leadership role in 1999. She resigned from her position is 2012 due to health issues.
LW Emergency Meals was founded over 50 years ago by the Golden Rain Foundation, the Health Care Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center. The meals are prepared by the medical center and delivered to Leisure World for distribution to residents who request them.
Jean Dolin will be remembered by the Emergency Meals volunteers for her dedication and timeless hours of work for the organization.
Space is available for obituaries of residents and former residents.
• An “In Memoriam” column is available free of charge. Limited to name, mutual number and date of death.
• An obituary with or without photo is available free of charge for the first 250 words. Additional words will be charged at the rate of 20 cents per word. Notices written by the news staff will be free and no more than 250 words.
• Notices from mortuaries and non-GRF members will be printed exactly as submitted and charged at the non-member classified advertising rate, $10.45 for the first 12 words and 20 cents for each additional word.
• Bordered, decorative obituaries and eulogies are available in any size at the prevailing display advertising rate.
• Obituaries may be published as news articles when the person has been a member of the Golden Rain Foundation Board of Directors, or when, in the opinion of the managing editor, the passing of a person is newsworthy to a sufficiently large number of GRF members.
• A “Card of Thanks” section is available in the classified section of the News at the member classified advertising rate, $6.60 for the first 12 words and 20 cents per word thereafter, for persons wanting to express their thanks for help during bereavement, sickness, etc.
1930 - 2014
Donald Silva, Mutual 12, passed away at his Leisure World home on Aug. 14. He was a resident for the past 16 years.
Don was a retired math and computer science teacher at Temple City High School. He graduated from Los Angeles State and received his master’s degree in math at Rutgers. He was an avid golfer and bowled in the LW league for many years.
Don will be missed by his brother Dave; niece Mary; nephews, Martin and Vincent; as well as close friends he made over his lifetime.
He was buried beside his parents at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier.
Hamric, Pauline Beatty
1929 - 2014
Pauline Beatty Hamric, Mutual 12, died Aug. 6, 2014.
Pauline was born May 22, 1929.
She was preceded in death by her husband Donald Wayne Hamric, Sr.; daughters, Linda Hamric Southard and Mary Elizabeth Hamric; and son Leslie Paul Hamric.
Pauline is survived by daughters, Donna Hamric Simmons, Patricia Hamric Gough and Paula (Doug) Hamric Chappell; son Donald Wayne (Joy) Hamric, Jr.; grandchildren, Richard Southard, Dava Kading, Debra Embree, Robert Gough, Chris Crowther, Andrea Schreiber, John Simmons, Jenifer McClure, Brian Simmons, Heather Hamric, Malyssa Hamric and Brittany Hamric; 30 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren; and a sister, Della Beatty Thomas.
She will be missed by her family and many friends near and far.
A memorial service will be held from 1-4 p.m. on Aug. 30 in Clubhouse 2.
Florita Linco 77
Sharon McGuinn 72
Jose Cacho 47
Robert Nault 68
Walter Alvarez 56
Viola Gomer 95
Vincent Luckett 63
Ronald J. Pinto 83
Douglas McIntosh 67
Henry Grew 93
Matthew Quellas 72
Juan Vazquez 81
Mary Alice Spielman 70
Nakako Takeuchi 96
Onorfinda Dickey 83
Lee Rubio 74
Families assisted by
Obituaries deadline is 4 p.m.,
Monday, prior to publication.
E-mail Obituary Notices to
with photos attached as jpg files.
Call 562-472-1276 for more information