Obituaries Space is available for obituaries of residents and former residents.
• An “In Memoriam” column is available free of charge. Limited to name, mutual number and date of death.
• An obituary with or without photo is available free of charge for the first 250 words. Additional words will be charged at the rate of 20¢ per word. Notices written by the news staff will be free and no more than 250 words.
• Notices from mortuaries and non-GRF members will be printed exactly as submitted and charged at the non-member classified advertising rate, $10.45 for the first 12 words and 20¢ for each additional word.
• Bordered, decorative obituaries and eulogies are available in any size at the prevailing display advertising rate.
• Obituaries may be published as news articles when the person has been a member of the Golden Rain Foundation Board of Directors, or when, in the opinion of the managing editor, the passing of a person is newsworthy to a sufficiently large number of GRF members.
• A “Card of Thanks” section is available in the classified section of the News at the member classified advertising rate, $6.60 for the first 12 words and 20¢ per word thereafter, for persons wanting to express their thanks for help during bereavement, sickness, etc.
Howard, Bettyann Margaret
Bettyann Margaret Howard, Mutual 7, died April 25, 2014.
She was born March 7, 1924, at the Swedish Mission Hospital in Omaha, Neb. Her parents were Herbert and Hilda Steyer. Bettyann has just one sibling, Eileen Teal, who resides in Omaha.
Bettyann was raised in her early years by her grandparents, Herman and Emily Saxer, in Papillion, Neb., where she received her elementary and high school education. After she graduated from high school, in 1941, she went on to graduate from the College of St. Mary in Omaha.
Shortly thereafter, she married Willis Howard in 1943.
A good portion of her working career, 24 years, was as unit secretary for St. Francis Medical Center in Lynwood, Calif.
Knitting was her passionate hobby through much of her life, and she devoted countless hours to the American Legion and The Salvation Army.
She lived in Leisure World with her husband, Willis, for 15 years.
Throughout much of her life she was a member or the Christ Presbyterian Church, followed by Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church where the staff and congregation warmly welcomed her and her husband.
Karl Nevarez 56
Duana Esquer 64
Clifford Allen Jr. 94
James Masucbol 68
Ethel Marquette 93
John Ray 27
Judith Ann Cusack-Jettie 68
Laura Venable 81
John Vann 74
Dennis Fallin 39
Earl Mc Nail 74
Shirley Davenport 64
Harold Johnson 68
Hector Martillano 44
Marily Lowrey 83
Edwine Weynschenk 82
Families assisted by
Edward Francis Russell
May 11, 2013
The first anniversary of the passing of my husband Edward Francis Russell. Lonely is the house without him. Dearly missed.
With love, your wife,
Patricia and family