Space is available for obituaries of residents and former residents.
• An “In Memoriam” column is available free of charge. Limited to name, mutual number and date of death.
• An obituary with or without photo is available free of charge for the first 250 words. Additional words will be charged at the rate of 20¢ per word. Notices written by the news staff will be free and no more than 250 words.
• Notices from mortuaries and non-GRF members will be printed exactly as submitted and charged at the non-member classified advertising rate, $10.45 for the first 12 words and 20¢ for each additional word.
• Bordered, decorative obituaries and eulogies are available in any size at the prevailing display advertising rate.
• Obituaries may be published as news articles when the person has been a member of the Golden Rain Foundation Board of Directors, or when, in the opinion of the managing editor, the passing of a person is newsworthy to a sufficiently large number of GRF members.
• A “Card of Thanks” section is available in the classified section of the News at the member classified advertising rate, $6.60 for the first 12 words and 20¢ per word thereafter, for persons wanting to express their thanks for help during bereavement, sickness, etc.
Earl K. Chumley, Mutual 5, born June 1, 1915, went to be with the Lord on June 23, 2014. Earl’s burial will be July 3 at Green Hills Memorial Park in Palos Verdes, Calif.
Earl lived in Lomita, Calif., for approximately 40 years and moved to Leisure World after his wife’s death. He lived in the community for over 10 years.
He was very active until he was 95, even enjoying playing golf and driving his golf cart around Leisure World.
He leaves five children and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He will be greatly missed by his family.
Cole, Cedric Ronald
A memorial service for Cedric Ronald Cole, 88, Mutual 2, will be held at Leisure World Baptist Church, on Sunday, July 6, in Clubhouse 4, at 11 a.m. All who would like to share stories and their memories are welcomed to attend.
Ronald died June 15, 2014.
Larry Roeger 48
Marilyn Zakis 68
Jeffrey Dale 28
John Baron 69
Nelva Sandefur 55
Bernice Collins 87
Ernest Peacock lll 58
Ralph Yearsley 80
Roger Conant 67
Russell Shoeman 48
Alexey Boychenko 70
Maritza Becker 53
Families assisted by